September 13, 2011

Browne/Preen/Rodarte . Spring 2012


There are some amazing Spring 2012 pieces splattered ALL OVER the runways of New York.
Drool worthy collections that draw me to the verge of hyperventilation.
Those would be Thom Browne, Rodarte, & Preen.
I'm almost hesitant to look at the other collections in fear that they all will leave me just dying to post about them. I shall stick with these gems for now.

Thom Browne;

Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

I love these pieces. I love the appearance of plaids for spring collections; like they were satisfying fall's conventions because that is when they are shown, but then reserving them for Spring-[this] comes to mind. I also love how "gal-pal" this show was; girls coming out arm in arm, carrying cigarette holders, donned in glasses and houndstooth. I also like how some pieces looked very pageantry, how some models were draped in what looked like sashes of fringe. It was like all these girls were headed to some cocktail party at some place that was located between The Mad Hatter's hangout and Holly Golightly's place. I wish I was invited!
See it in its entirety [HERE]

Rodarte;

Rodarte Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Rodarte Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Rodarte Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Rodarte Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Rodarte Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Rodarte Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

I LOVE this collection. [SEE IT ALL NOW!]
Click after click, I just kept saying "stop, stop, it's just too good!"
Looks like Van Gogh spent time in the Mediterranean trying to capture Sunflowers and sixties "flower child" idealism (image 01!-adoration). The colours- THE DETAILS! There is so much more for you to dig around in with this collection. Again, I find this very wear-able, like the Creatures of the Wind collection. Something for everyone, some over the top pieces, some will reach out to a wide base. Some of the dresses seem to have a real stiffness to them, a definite shape. Other items look like the wind will be creating the shape of the dress and I love that. A great use of patters, colours, and materials. I cannot WAIT for the details to be posted with this as well because I know there is a lot I can't see from these pictures. Patience is a virtue. Yeah, yeah, whatever.


Preen;

Preen Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Preen Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Preen Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Preen Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Preen Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Preen Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Okay, so I saw a lot of the same thing being manipulated. I don't mind that. Sometimes I kind of like to see one distinct thing being carried out 35 different ways-a uniform style or pattern. I like the spectrum Thea Bregazzi and Justin Thornton gave us a great deal. I love the pixelated look on these skirts and dresses! It is so neat and sort of reminds me of some over-zoom action going on or paint samples being contrasted on the dress. This duo seems to let us know they are geometry buffs, remember [this]? The colours blend or almost melt together so nicely, yet are distinct, vibrant, and ELEGANT. Again, in this, I feel there is something for everyone. I could just imagine those who were watching this collection roll out were enamored whilst trying to figure out what would be theirs from this [RTW].


On another note;

I went on a zesty little walk today. After all, I'm hip-to-it; I know Chicago won't be dishing out too many more ideal days. So after stepping out, I thought it was chilly (I am always cold) and grabbed my GAP jacket that I have owned since I have been in seventh grade. I am currently 23 years old and this jacket has never missed a beat. It is still in perfect condition. On my walk, I realized I underestimated the heat waves rockin' through the atmosphere and kind of got all Comme des Garcons on myself and made some coat magic happen;

ojhcl.jpg

I rocked my coat-scarf for the latter half of my walk. What a success!

Currently in love with this song during the last days of summer-







No comments: