September 12, 2011

Creatures of the Wind blew ME away!

I knew when I was visiting style.com that I was going to encounter some pretty awesome things.
After all, it's FALL FASHION WEEK! The start to the best time of year. Let's start off with some pretty serious business-

Creatures of the Wind...
you have done it again!*
Spring 2012;

Creatures of the Wind Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Creatures of the Wind Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear             
Creatures of the Wind Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Creatures of the Wind Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Creatures of the Wind Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Creatures of the Wind Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear


These are some of my favourite pieces from the collection, you can view it in full [here]. The use of colours is phenomenal. It is exactly what I want from spring, without being exceedingly "spring-y". I feel like this collection would reach a lot of people in terms of I really feel anyone could find a shot they love from this. It is extremely eclectic. I wish that the details were up already, but asking for that before the review is posted is setting my expectations too high.

The socks/heel combo is something I ALWAYS want to do, but I never have anywhere to wear these things too. This is one of the reasons I miss high school, it was so nice try out these fashions in my own way and use the hallways as my "funways". Unfortunately, I'm restricted from creativity at work-
(I get away with headbands and neck-bows)

 
and I tend to be suuuccch a homebody that these styles never have a chance to make their way onto my feet. I have a feeling that will all change once we get to Portland. Way-Hey!

I'm just too enamored by Image 01 to even talk about it just yet. I love Image 05; giving of Tinkerbell vibes mixed with Wednesday Addams trying to ditch black and try plaid. The coat in Image 06 paired with that brilliant lime!? Just too divine! ::wildly clapping:: The colour of that coat. I am just on the edge of my seat for the details. PLEASE TELL ME THE DETAILS WILL BE POSTED! I just love the character everything has to it. I'm a huge fan of the way the blue skirt falls and how it lengthens a tad in the back, and how it is paired with such a wonderful shirt that isn't so bold on its own, but pops when thrown against the blue. Each piece is really it's own. The one thing that transcends to each piece is the shoe/sock combo, but I love the use of different lengths in the skirts and the various jacket cuts they used;

Creatures of the Wind Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Creatures of the Wind Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Even with small details here and there that are similar to one another, everything has such wonderful variation. I seriously need to thrift some shoes like this before the snow is high enough to cover my feet entirely. My sock assortment is already plenty stocked. Although fall fun socks are always on the list to purchase this time of year. Or anytime of year....

Again, knowing that this wonderful duo reigns from Chicago never makes the departure easier.
Seriously; Portillos, NBC Chicago news anchors, and now this?! Aw man!
I am just ecstatic that I am just as in love with this collection as their Fall 2011.

Prepared to be head over heels.
HARDY HAR HAR!


*LIKE I WAS GOING TO LET THIS SUCKER NOT GET POSTED ANY SHOT I GOT;

No comments: