September 10, 2012

Pictures that belong to August.

I never have a witty way to go into these types of posts. If I had some sort of direct subject, something like this would be much easier to follow along with. Except I don't have something direct. I'm just going to post a bunch of pictures that include some witty caption because I have no desire to really place my life in writing form right now. It's something I haven't had any desire to do for some time now. While it seems that I've taken a lot of steps forward in the past few months, and that's just the truth of it, I know that in certain aspects, I have gone backwards. I'm just stuck in that shit rut of being 24 and not knowing where life is going to take me from here. It happens to the best of us. Anywho, here's what happened throughout August;

Sunrise shots were still possible as the sun came up before I had to be inside. Now, not so much.
I will miss snapping these photos, it was always a nice view to see.





This was from one round trip into the city. I sported my funky Fresh Prints (ha ha...get it?) threads, put down a few bites of one of my favourite desserts [baked to order Apple Pie from Grand Lux], and got to experience a Gotham City feel on Chicago later that night. This was a great night once the downpour of rain subsided, but at least it gave off that sweet effect in the sky.

Cupcakin'! These were takin in the shoppe, first one is our 'one of each' for that day
Pink Poodle was something that we came up with for fun; strawberry frosting, vanilla base,
stuffed with chocolate buttercream.
Me with my Red Mango, red hair tips, and 'Kiss With A Fist' ring. SCORE!

Well, wasn't Dan just full of aces when he popped this dude in his online cart to give to me.
My robot is top notch and holds his tea like a champ. Go ROBOTS!



Ah, what a deliciously combined two-fer! It was my mother's birthday and a little Greek Islands to go along with the grand occasion is always in order. Saganaki? Count me in. I drew up this butterfly for my mom because she loves the flybutters.

The look I went with that same night for her birthday. I love the shoes for sure.
I didn't get to try one of these, but let's go with, "looks delicious".
This is just so you guys don't get worried that I'm not getting my share of Portillo's.
No worries, I'm still gettin' the top notch noms over here!
Yeah, check this jam out, it's pretty good;


Superhero cupcakes that we did for a special order. This one was crazy, but  I like the way it turned out,
Sometimes custom orders are way intimidating, but doing this was good. Transferring over from cookies
to cupcakes has its learning curve, but it's a process I'm enjoying more and more.

Sometimes when I meet up with people downtown Naperville, I suggest that we meet up at 'The Shaking Hands'.
This is Robbie & I throwing down a little imitation factor. I have a few shots of this with different friends.
This is when I met up with Robbie, Renee, & Kristy to play a little frisbee and catch up. It was a great day for sure.
Here's all of us after we got done tossing the disc around. I hadn't seen Renee in about 3 years
& Robbie and I had just started hanging out again a few days before this shot, but same went for him.
It was great to hang out with these people again, we used to all work together. It's nice to still have
those older groups of friends who knew you in a really specific period in your life. Plus, we all look real damn
good in this picture, if I might add myself.

shots of Downtown Naperville. The bottom shot is right in front of where we played frisbee.
The top shot is a slammin' picture I got of the river that flows through the 'Riverwalk'.
Naperville is a really great town, but sometimes it just requires pictures like this to remember that.


yet another city adventure! I really do loves these moments where I can bop around in the city with someone awesome.
It's been such an amazing summer and I hope times like this don't have to come to an end because of the cold.
Of course, 79+ layers will be required in order for me to tolerate that winter chill...damnit.

...and another Caribou adventure. The fun never really ends.
Some of the best times come in the form of the teeter-tauter.
Me with my "little sister", Julie. We take quite a few trips over
to the park for talks. I'm glad I met someone younger than me
that parallels my life to a tee. I definitely like having older girls
in my life to seek out advice from and turn to and I hope that I'm
providing the same thing for her. It's rather important to me.

Ah. The organization process came into play. Since I moved back with my parents,
I never really got around to cleaning out and organizing my stuff once it was all placed
somewhere. Here's the before and after. REGAL ORGANIZATION! GLORY GLORY GLORY!

Obviously, I'm always about listening to 'Spectrum' and the Lunchables purchase
was quite the throwback. Apparently my fifth grade self was present on that
shopping journey.


I piped our employee's names on a sheet of wax paper...cause I'm a winner!
I did this for no real reason. I love doing any writing when I have a frosting bag in my hand.

BIRD: OBLITERATED!
Ha. This is a pretty typical conversation between me and Meredith.
I really, really, REALLY can't believe I've gone a whole summer without
her being here. I hate that she had to move right at it's start.
Portillo's and Mix CDs. Some of the best gifts you can give, right?

Cupcake case lookin' fly at work!
this is life.


OBVIOUSLY!
I was in Portillo's heaven!
This is a pretty bomb sweater that I thrifted. ACES.
Honestly, this song gets me so revved.
She performed this song for the first time
live at The Chicago Theatre show on Dec 4.
YOU KNOW, that legendary day and all...

Special order cupcakes that we did over at the shoppe. I really like how these turned out!
We do some really cute stuff, but the wedding orders are always class.

Ran into these two groovy dudes whilst hanging out downtown
Naperville. Could not resist taking their pictures! I always dig a good
sighting when it comes to birds or bugs, as long as they are in their
own environment, I can dig it for sure.

Some awesome new stuff that I scored. I needed new shoes and leggings are always in order.
I plan on buying a big ol' bottle of Fame soon. I hope. KIEHLS! I notice a huge difference in
my skin when I stop using this for a hot minute. Luckily, it's back in my life. Shoes; OBVIOUSLY!



FINALLY!
For those of you who know me personally, you may know that I sport Zed around.
He's my big two-fingered zebra ring that goes on all my "big adventures". Well, over
time, I've been seeking out other Zeds because I've gotten SO many compliments on him.
[I snagged that little jerk over at Forever 21, knowing I was making a GEM of a purchase]
My friend, Brooke, found me "melted Zed" which is just the plain zebra ring with his same
striping. The other day, I found just his head! I was so excited! I now have a whole Zed
set (unless just his ass is out there somewhere). I also picked up these Zebra tights to make
it official. All in all, VERY good purchases. Sometimes I really guilt the hell out of myself when
I go shopping like this. I'm a huge thrifter, so going to the mall is always annoying because the
amount I'm willing to pay for clothing/purses has dropped significantly because of this.
Luckily, I still know how to get down with the mall goods...ya know.



September has rolled out pretty nicely, I suppose. I don't know. I'm anxious. Whenever fall hits I have this overwhelming urge to have Angela Chase and Daria accompany me on my fall feelings. While normally I'm ultra inspired and chipper in the fall, I love the moods of these characters to pull out that other side of the season. I have to order Netflix, so when the chill DOES hit, I'm way prepped to stay inside, hibernate, and watch plenty of Arrested Development, Studio 60, and My So Called Life. Here's to hoping the rest of the month is something I can tolerate, also to; sleep, the beautiful fall chill in the air, health, and good company.


remember that YOU are awesome.

No comments: