February 9, 2010

the week where sleep is vital.



With all this snow that just blew in-- I cannot wait for summer.
Short sleeves and longer days. mmmm.
But for now I shall live in the moment
(& enjoy the 6+ inches we are expected to get by the A.M.)
Although, the moment I am living in is quite hectic.
At least in mindset (for now, until tomorrow when it really starts picking up).
It's Valentines Day on Sunday which means my job is at its busiest week of the year.
This will be good in terms of pay (and experience!) but there is so much hype I'm freaked out.
There are so many orders going out--
& so many people are going to be bopping around the shoppe.
But as hectic as it's going to be, I'm kind of pumped for it.
I like the excitement and productivity that will be going on.
It is really fun when there are a lot of people there because it always comes down to everyone just acting goofy.
I feel good when a lot of people are there to get a job done.
So yeah. This week I should be expecting to get out around 2 a.m. Each night.
Maybe earlier, maybe later.
Bring. It. On.

This week Eric and I headed down to Indianapolis for the weekend to hang out with his cousin & her husband. We also caught the Super Bowl get together that her parents were throwing.
It was a really fun weekend and I'm glad we made it because it snowed late on Friday.
We didn't even make it to Indianapolis until 5:30 a.m. that next Saturday morning.
It was unfortunate the Colts lost the game (it was a good one!)
But in the end, Eric & I are from Chicago--not Indianapolis
& we are used to the disappointment that a football team brings to its hometown.
So we were able to walk out of the Super Bowl party with ease.

Us at the party;

Life has been pretty good these past few days :) :)
I'm anxious for the rest of this week.
I stocked up on food and brought it to work today.
I better snag some zzz's unless I'll be dragging tomorrow!

No comments: