May 20, 2009

summer is no bummer

I have to share THIS link with you all. It is so funny. It kind of reminds me of my mom (not at all in looks! but how she is) ha ha ha. I found it on my buddy D.J.'s facebook.

The night is still young! 10:46 pm. Cannot beat that, although I have no intentions of going out and you'd find me positioned comfortably in my pajamas. I'm always out late these days. I remember being in bed by 10. I can always kiss those nights good bye in the summer. Normally it's 3am every night. There is just so much to do and so much to explore in the summer. While the weather allows you, one should be soaking up every ounce of outside time. I long for these nights. I enjoying coming home from work and just hangin out and having no plans. Sometimes, I love plans, but it's always good to change it up.

Today was groovy. Danielle came over again (we do our daily walk/frisbee/bikeride) and we walked over to Hobby Lobby because I have been really into beaded hair clips lately. So I wanted to get crafty and make my own. I got all the supplies and we headed back to enjoy electric sheep, bah samba (amazing new station i love on pandora!), conversation, and me attempting to bead a barrette. She left, i got ready, and headed to work. It was really not bad at all. Of course, we had a steady stream of people, but I'm lucky I closed with good people. Jackie and Jen--what a tag team. I love the people there. It's the only thing keeping me there. Whatever. 

It was taco Wednesday..which should have really made things better, but they were on the cold side. What a downer. I am super picky about my food being hot. I will always send it back (nicely, of course). I like my food to be very hot if it is a hot dish. I don't settle for that lukewarm crap. However, I look forward to Taco Wednesdays (or Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, etc.) Whichever night I choose to get tacos. It is so odd to think that all our little Jamba seniors are graduating! How exciting. Such a big transition period for them. In the end I am really glad that I decided to stay home. I got back into skating, had a solid job and obtained good experience, met some awesome people (including my boyfriend, Matthew!), and formed a better relationship with my parents (I guess?) All in all, it was a great move for me. Every person has to do their thing and do what pleases them, especially when it comes to education. I think so many people go away that should not. Do not go to a university as an undecided major. You are just wasting a lot of time and money and causing yourself more stress. I've met some of the coolest people in the walls of C.O.D. We are quite an interesting pack of kids. You have the slackers mixed with the people who care. I want to keep learning and I enjoy a classroom setting in the sense of it being a sort of like a forum to discuss and explore a subject. I would take a class or two for the rest of my life. Especially Field Studies. Those are the way to go. That's how I got to go to Malta and learn about all the fabulous things I did :)

I shall be on my way to go make more barrettes! I shall post pictures of them soon! Sorry for the lack of linkaroos in the post. I shall provide pictures instead!

My very first baguettes! I loved them and they were one of the best I've ever made. I feel it's blogworthy. Who doesn't like fresh bread out of the oven? Never had it?! MAKE BREAD SOON! :)


Me..probably at the age of 7 with five trophies in front of me from one weekend of all first place. This appeared in the newspaper. Someone..please remind me why I quit..? I know why I did, it's just sad. Some girl came into Jamba tonight and told me she's been doing ballet for 13 years. If I were still skating it would have been 18 years. How INSANE to think about that.



Me back in the dayyy. Senior year. I literally chopped my hair off with a razor blade. I'm not kidding around when I say I take a razor to my locks ;) It's odd because a lot of people who met me now don't know that I had super short hair.




...and an amusing video of my dog just being himself:




Away I go! Best sleep wishes to you! Still early, Europe; sleep in that extra hour or two :)

No comments: