July 19, 2009

like a mesocyclone...


This is my 49th post. Neat!

Ahh. Productivity is what today was all about.

It is only 4pm, so there is still time for getting more done. Although I didn't go for a long walk today, I feel like I got a lot done and therefore exerting my body in other ways. I am happy with this. You know when you do a lot and you know some of it wasn't necessary or important compared to other things you need do, but it stilll makes you feel really great and accomplished? ha ha--today is kind of like that.

Let's review the list:

1) Went to Jewel and did a little G-shopping. I was on a mission to make a fabulous roast beef sandwich and the only way this was going to be accomplished was if I got some good bread, provolone cheese, and a tomato to make it all come together. I had the rest of what I needed at home and needless to say it was a good sandwich but didn't sit as good as I would have liked it to. Oh well, dinner will be better :)

2) I made pizza dough for tonight's dinner. I love homemade pizza- so much more satisfying! I think more people should start making their own. It's rising and I look forward to 6pm where I can start preparing it.

Make dough soon:

1) 1 & 1/2 teaspoon of Yeast

2) 2/3 cup of hot water. Mix with yeast in a seperate bowl, stir with fork to help dissolve yeast, and cover with saran wrap for 10 minutes.

3) In a seperate bowl, add 2 cups of flour and a pinch of sea salt.

4) Mix yeast and water with flour and add some honey. Stir together, should thicken rather quick, take it out on a floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes.

5) Set in a large bowl and cover with a damp towel or saran wrap and put aside for about an hour or two.

6) Preheat oven, 400 degrees. Dough should have risen and you should be able to see a significant difference, knead again on a lightly floured surface and roll it out into desirable size for pizza. Add toppings, cook for 10-12 minutes & check.

3) I cleaned my car! Not as extensively as a few weeks ago, but I took Windex to Silver Susan and her windows sparkle and shine with delight. I also cleaned up the interior too. I will need to vaccum again soon, but for now she still looks good, so I'm happy about that.

4) Did some laundry. Enough said!

5) Finally found some new recipes I want to try. Whenever I go to TASTESPOTTING I always look at the desserts. I prefer baking over cooking any day (don't get me wrong, I like cooking, but I enjoy the baking process more). Plus, I feel like baking is more personal, it's a good gift versus a..rosemary chicken with potatoes. Ha ha.

Recipe 1: THESE LOOK DELICIOUS!
Recipe 2: These require me to make a purchase (popsicle molds) but they look delicious!

6) I cleaned my house (swept, dishes, clean counters/tables restocked napkins, changed towels, etc). My parents go to our summerhouse on weekends and I'm left in charge. I do take pride in keeping a clean space, despite what they'd like to think. I really get a kick out of cleaning--given I have to be in the mood. I like when they can come home to a clean house and not have to worry about anything. I also tidied up my room a little bit. I think going into a new week you should have a clean house, clean clothes, and a clean room--right?

So enough about what I did with my day. I anticipate my week. My work hours are a little different, but I think it will work out better. I work Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Instead of starting at noon on Thurs/Fri, I start at two, allowing me to get a lesson on Thursday and skate extra days this week. I am also looking forward to just going home after ballet on Tuesday.

I have more to anticipate than my week though. The month of August is really busy in a great way for me. Let's see: North Carolina with Meredith first week of August, Phish is August 11, my mom's birthday bash is Aug 14, and the Woodstock party is on Aug 15. Then I start classes on the 23rd or something. Gosh--classes. I'm going to keep enjoying summer while it's here. No need to think ahead so far.

Have a GREAT rest of your day and have a great night! I hope everyone did somethin fun with your weekend!

-Tessa

1 comment:

Michelle Schraudner said...

Your pizza dough recipe sounds yummy! I always buy raw dough from the Co-Op in my town.