December 10, 2009

one short of a bakers dozen!


12 random things about me (at the moment & in general).

1) I walk terribly fast. Anyone who knows me can defend this very statement. Nobody can keep up with me. Unless you're a figure skater. We are fast walkers. I'm telling you, when you're spending your entire youth gliding around like rapid fire on blades--you better believe you get used to the speed. Plus, I just like the exercise.

2) Call me George Washington but I cannot tell a lie. This is true. I am very uncomfortable with lying. I think I might have been better at it in my younger years. I feel absolutely horrible if I do not tell the truth and just cannot justify it. This keeps me out of trouble in the long run and it doesn't complicate anything.
George couldn't tell a lie either!
(remember the apple tree story!?)

3) I'd like to think I'm a considerate and sometimes a very sensitive person. I really do think of others. I don't want to intentionally hurt anyone, unless you intentionally hurt me--then it's on. I always think of the golden rule. I treat people how I want to be treated, it is so important. I believe in karma and try to always keep the good karma going. Sometimes my sensitivity gets the best of me. It's the Pisces in me (born on the Aries/Pisces cusp!) Sometimes I think I am too sensitive for this world. I think the things that happen in this world make us cold people and it's depressing. I'd like to see everyone happy. I want there to be no suffering. It's just unfortunate that the day will never come where that happens.

4) What I eat is extremely important to me. I like to view food as fuel. I like to eat when my body is hungry but I want to fill it with something that is good, yet beneficial. I am currently a vegetarian and really enjoying it. I really love when I'm eating healthy. Everything feels so much better. I even include a ton of vegan products in my diet. I feel good about eating it and I know it's actually useful to my body. Seriously; why do people drink soda? I don't understand! I hate America's issue with food. We have so many different people shooting out their ideas. People are hit with all this conflicting information and don't know what to follow. You're better off reading studies that are available rather than listen to people such as Dr. Oz. I just want people to be informed about nutrition. It's so important. You eat THREE times a day and you should know what you're consuming and what it's doing to you or for you.

5) Sometimes I wish I could go back in time to anytime when I was between the ages of 5-10 years old. I would be skating everyday, jam-packed with activities (ballet, off ice training, weight training, gymnastics) and competitive in a difficult sport (and doing well with it). I wish I could just go back and give a damn like I do now. I threw that potential career away. I threw it away for a lame middle school/high school life. Don't get me wrong, I had fun, but giving it up wasn't worth it either. I think everyday about where I could be now if I just showed a little determination in those ages. I feel like I wasted years of my life droning along in high school. Of course I did school activities (theater, cheerleading, etc.). It's just not the same for what I could have had. I'm sure there was a reason for it. I just don't know what yet.

Me when I was about 6 or 7.
I won three events in my group that day.



6) I listen to everything you tell me. I will remember anything you will say. & I never forget a face.

7) Music that is able to make your mood change is remarkable. This is going from any state of mind to another. Songs that make me feel sad when I'm actually happy are amazing. I love music that makes me move; when I hear it and actually have to get up and do something to it. I also love when a song makes me feel more strong or powerful or brings a great image to mind. I love when you hear a song in a movie or a show and always associate that scene with that song. I guess I love song imagery. I think I should make music videos. I always have a vision for a song--and a dance! :) Music is so powerful and has the ability to bring so much to people.

8) I love my job. I talk about it all the time, but I decorate cookies. I love the idea of having a specific trade and just getting really good at it. I was thinking today as I was making tea; "wow, those people at the tea shop (that I go to in the city) have a great job, I mean--they work with tea!" and I thought...wait a second! I have a cool job! I work with cookies! I am extremely lucky. I really want to perfect it and progress. It will just take more time and practice.

9) All this talk about approval ratings is driving me nuts. Perhaps this is my overload of CNN/Fox news this week. They keep projecting that Obama's approval rating is low, blah blah blah. Really?! Is this the same president that everyone stood so excitedly behind last year? The one who was going to make change, create jobs, and love the whole world?! Now, since change hasn't been made right away, people get pissed and ::hands on hips, 5 year old voice:: "Don't approve!" Get over it. Things cannot be fixed right away. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT defending Obama. But people tend to be more harsh against the president in times of a bad economic state. Bummer.

10) I am infamous for starting/butting into random conversations with people I don't even know. I know it could be annoying, but why not? I've met/chatted with really cool people that way. Plus, what do you have to lose? A few words is better than an awkward silence or a missed encounter.

11) Having good study music is essential. Be sure to have Pink Floyd, Phish, Radiohead, & Ratatat in your "study" playlist. I'm very specific about what I have on when I'm doing homework or studying. I'm telling you; Radiohead's OK Computer album got me an A in Earth Science. Phish gave me great grades for environmental bio class. I'm telling you that you cannot go wrong with these bands.


12) I love when my thoughtful/creative side comes out at full force. Those days where I'm driving home and immediately get the urge to stop at Hobby Lobby to pick up a canvas so I can make a collage of some sort. Or those days I pull out the yarn and make a scarf or gather up my beads and throw them around my barrettes. I feel productive and like I'm releasing good energy. Get crafty!




I don't know what inspired me to do that.
I guess I've just been thinkin' about random stuff and noticing/acknowledging it.

I hope your week is going well!

-Tessa


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT BLOG! YOU ARE TRULY A UNIQUE INDIVIDUAL...AND AN EXCELLENT COMMUNICATOR THROUGH WORDS....THE SKY IS THE LIMIT AND YOU CAN SOAR HIGH....AND BE ANYTHING YOU CHOSE. YOU HAVE THE TALENT AND ABILITY.....GO FOR THE PIECE OF SKY THAT YOU CAN CALL YOUR OWN!